It’s been nearly – two years, since the time, most believe, this horrific pandemic began infecting humans! We seem to have lost many opportunities, by failing to act, when needed, in a well – considered, timely manner, under the auspices of scientific and medical experts and professionals! Over 800, 000 Americans have lost their lives (and, probably, even more), and several million, world – wide, and tens of millions (and more) have been infected, to various degrees, etc! It seems, every time, we feel, we have taken a step – forward, in this battle, the virus has mutated, and we end of losing more ground. The original version, the Delta variant, and now, Omicron, have shown, amazing resiliency, and deadly – power! Even, with the fast, roll – out, of the vaccinations, which are believed to be, the best ones, ever, created to combat any virus, etc, we still are losing lives, and many are infected, etc! It seems, we have lost, 2 years, as well, and economies, as well as economic conditions, world – wide, continue to suffer! Many supply chains, employment, and mental health, have been victims, also! Many now believe, we may, and probably won’t, ever, be totally – rid, of this, but, will, more – likely, transform, into an endemic, such as influenza (the flu etc). That means, we will begin to consider it, as, with – us, and a part – of, our normal, every – day, lives, and, instead of seeking to eliminate it, and/ or, a cure, will, most likely, require, a series of booster – vaccines, etc, and some common sense, public health, to significantly, minimize, the overall – impact! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 considerations, going – forward.
1. Pace of vaccinations/ vaccinated, versus, the mutation rate, etc: Unfortunately, many are, their own, worst enemies, and pay, more attention to empty promises, conspiracy theories, and, so – called, alternative approaches, and/ or, denials/ minimizing, than, listening to the experts, and doing their part, by getting vaccinated, and, wearing a mask, social distancing, etc! Although, there will be, break – through, cases, for the most part, we believe, these will be mild, and most of the serious cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, will be, from the unvaccinated, and immuno – compromised, etc! If, more got the shot, these mutations, would have, far – fewer, places, to breed, etc!
2. Worldwide rate: This is a worldwide, public health crisis, and, since, there are significant, socioeconomic differences, between the wealthier, and poorer nations, the risk is compounded! Although, President Biden, has pledged and committed, many millions, of treatment doses, many other nations, have not – yet, stood – up, to the plate!
3. Transmission, versus, severity: One of the challenges, to the testing process, is, so many are presently, tested, and the results are imperfect, non – symptomatic, as well as more – severe, cases, are counted, equally! How many people, annually, catch the flu, but, don’t know, and it is never reported, because the result, may be, not – severe?
4. Will we begin to witness, broader, acceptance of common sense, public health measures?: This battle must be continuous, and persistent! We cannot stop using common sense, in the quest, to reduce the impacts! Why do we continue, witnessing, so many, who won’t get vaccinated, use public spacing, and/ or, wear a mask, when appropriate? Why should this be a political issue, when it needs to be, a public health – focused, one?
5. Ease/ convenience of more – reliable testing: Today, most testing is either, hard – to – locate, costly, inconvenient, and, many results, are false – positives, and/ or, negatives! We need to address how, to improve this component!
Even though, many feel pandemic – fatigue, stopping, smart, public health approaches, now, will make the worst impacts, continue, longer, than otherwise! This virus, unfortunately, will, most – likely, be with us, for a significant period of time, and we must discover the best way, to transform, to endemic conditions, wisely, and, in the safest, smartest manner!
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539